On display now in the library are clothing and items from the 1920s to the 1970s. See an actual "flapper compact" your great grandmother might have used when she when out dancing! Or how about that bright polyester double-knit jacket! Sweet! And let's not forget the pop art muʻumuʻu, groovy!
There are books and DVDs for you to borrow. Some notable items are "How to be a Man" and "Pandora's Box." Come over and take a look. It's the bee's knees!
By the way, the picture is a 1929 image of actress Louise Brooks. She epitomized the 1920s' flapper.
Today in the Library: Freeform & Doodle Embroidery
Maui CC student (and successful "conscious embroidery" business owner) Robin will lead us through some basic free-form embroidery techniques. Supplies provided.
All Library Lounge events are free. Everyone, welcome!
Visit Robin's etsy shop to view her work:
Fresh & Fun Craft Events, Every Monday Evening in the Library, 5-6pm.
Updates posted to: www.mauicclibrarylounge.
Here are the planned events for the next four Mondays:
- Monday, Nov 16: T-Shirt Deconstructing & Reconstructing (Bring a t-shirt to cut and a pair of fabric scissors)
- Monday, Nov 23: Freeform & Doodle Embroidery
- Monday, Nov 30: Retro Hairstyles from the 30s and 40s (Bring a friend to practice hairstyles on. Both men’s and women’s styles)
- Monday, Dec 4: Beginning Crochet: Crocheted Critters (Bring crochet needles if you have them)
Everyone’s welcome to the Library Lounge events and they are free!! Refreshments served.
Please address inquiries to Ellen at email@example.com
- Get the best reading experience available on your PC. No Kindle required
- Access your Kindle books even if you don't have your Kindle with you
- Automatically synchronizes your last page read and annotations between devices with Whispersync
- Create bookmarks and view the annotations you created on your Kindle